Drake's Dragons

Part One
FFSSHH! A black, burning, mysterious object from outer space was bolting like lightning through Earth’s atmosphere. Then… KA-BOOM! The object had just made contact with Earth and submerged its rough surface into a field’s unattended grass. Something lay inside that meteor-like object that could potentially be devastating.
Part Two
A teenager that goes by the name of Drake Flint was an intelligent ninja, who happens to work with a group of ninjas named the Stinger Scorpions. He was here in Tasmania to investigate the mysterious rock. Drake was very conscious though of the property owners, the Tallin family and he had to be careful around their land.
Part Three
Knowing about the owner’s possibility of finding him, he had to be under cover while on the job. The fifteen-year-old was also warned that the family got tremendously vicious when uninvited guests appeared on their front porch. And to top things off, they have vicious guard dogs, which tripled the danger!
Part Four
Drake needed to be careful when on the job but how did he manage this? He had metal tunnels around the meteor. There were two problems with that though: firstly, the family could dig holes into the tunnels and explore in them and find Drake, the second being they could find an entrance and catch him red handed coming out.
Part Five
Suddenly he heard a sharp ‘Zap!’ Followed by a small ‘Thud.’ He spun around with lightning pace just to discover an ice-blue coloured egg. It had teleported itself from the so-called meteor and into the tunnel. ‘Crack! Crack!’ Drake couldn’t believe his eyes…
Part Six
To his surprise, a baby dragon popped out with what appeared to be ice shards all over his back. It was an ice dragon! He was keener than ever to find his mother but instead the mother found him! He thought he was dead meat, so he sprinted like crazy. Then he reached a dead end - the furious mother was about to freeze his body and bite his head off to end his life. Then he remembered something his trainer had said “If an animal is angry because you have its young, give its young back and it may spare your life.” So, he closed his eyes and held out the baby dragon and the dragon snatched it back and sped vertically up, far beyond our universe.
Part Seven
Drake was unimaginably exhausted but happy upon arrival at base, not just because of the party but also because he was alive, and he was still in one piece! The party had all his favourite food, games and festivities. He ended up disappointed because he didn’t take any photos. If he had, he would’ve been a wealthy celebrity because he’d be the first person to have solid evidence that dragons exist. Still, he didn’t care because he had seen real dragons. He declared that the dragons shall never be located again in case a dangerous bounty commences.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!