The Girl In Green

She was the definition of stunning. She appeared at the top of the staircase and it was as if the entire world had paused. She was beautiful. Her glossy red hair flowed down one shoulder, curls bouncing like children in a playground. Her dress. Oh her dress. It looked straight out of an 1810's ball. It was pale green with an off the shoulder neckline. The sleeves and bust of the gown were scattered with gorgeous tiny pink roses. The bodice showed off her lovely curves, bringing her waist in enough to woo any male within a ten-mile radius. From her waistline, the pale green dress exploded from underneath her. Billowing out layer after layer of fabric, so instead of standing, she looked as if she was floating. But it also wasn't just one green. The bottom part of the dress was filled with different shades and gradients of green, blending effortlessly to create the look of long strands of grass, blowing in the wind. The pink rose pinned on my tuxedo matched the corsage which lay on her wrist. Her mother had chosen and given the corsage to her because I hadn’t seen her in the dress before now, and she didn’t want any spoilers. It was arranged with soft pink roses to match the flowers on her dress. There were three roses, a few bunches of these small white flowers called baby’s breath and a couple of deep green leaves, all wrapped in a beautiful pink ribbon, secured safely on her wrist. On her head, lay a carefully crafted flower crown, arranged with 12 small pink roses and green leaves, wrapped around a wire, making the flowers stand out against her ruby hair. I was deeply, truly, head-over-heels in love with her and there was nothing anyone could do to stop that. Until they did. A single tear falls onto the polaroid in my hand. I wipe my eyes. God, this pain I feel is unimaginable. I haven’t been able to love someone like I had loved Abby 27 years ago, since someone killed her on the night of our year 12 formal.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!