Harry's Space Rocket

One day there was a very happy family, there was a Mummy, a Daddy, a brother Harry and a sister Annabelle. Annabelle and Harry shared a big room that they slept in. One night Annabelle woke up in the middle of the night and saw that Harry had disappeared, she thought she was dreaming so she went back to sleep.
In the morning Annabelle told Mummy and Daddy what she thought she dreamt about, but they just laughed. On the second night Annabelle had a plan to stay up all night and take a photo to show that Harry was missing, and then show it to Mummy and Daddy. Annabelle pretended to be asleep and surprisingly, woke up in the morning after accidentally falling asleep. She didn’t get a picture of Harry doing his disappearing act.
Finally, by the third night Annabelle knew what to do. She pretended to sleep and when she heard something she opened her eyes, and she was amazed to see, a space rocket! It was red and pink and glowed in the night, and it was sitting on Harry’s bed.
Harry was in a gold space suit with red twinkling lights that wrapped around his arms, legs and body. Annabelle took lots of photographs as proof of Harry’s strange night-time adventures and then finally, it was morning.
In the morning Annabelle showed Mummy and Daddy the photos and they said, “We will talk to him”. During the talk Harry promised to give them all a ride and that’s what he did, at night-time of course. It was really FUN but it went fast because time flies when you are having so much FUN!
Soon it was morning again and they were exhausted, but not Harry, he was fine and he knew what to do. Harry got some water and chocolate and he told them to eat the chocolate and drink the water, so they did.
“It worked” Annabelle, Daddy and Mummy all said at the same time. Harry nodded. “Now” said Mummy, “time to go to school”. So they did and Daddy went to work because Daddy is a paramedic. He helps people who are sick or injured. It took forever for Daddy to come home, but he eventually did. When he came home he was begging Harry for a ride in Harry’s space rocket, but Harry said “I’m afraid you can’t”. Daddy was confused and a little disappointed, “Why not?” said Daddy. Harry replied, “I can’t use it anymore because you saw it, and now it can’t fly anymore!”
Everyone was sad that they wouldn’t be able to go in the rocket anymore, especially Harry.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!