The Rabbit Hole

That little hole was really something. A weird looking hole just sitting in my garden. I didn’t know what to do about it, but just then, an idea that never occurred to me came up. I should cover it! I don’t get how I couldn’t have thought of that.
That would have been the easiest solution anyone could think of but I was lifting my head in the clouds thinking if I could shrink myself or even possibly explore it. My imagination was uncontrollable and ferocious. I walked cautiously making sure to keep my close eye on the hole as I slowly went to get a shovel to cover that little thing up.
It was a hole no man nor human could fit in, so that’s when it hit me… it was either an animal or a creature that came to seize the world. As the shovel slowly came into the grasp of my fingertips I held it tight and walked over to the filthy hole. I was ready to relieve my fears and cover it up for good. So I scooped up some dirt and dumped it in the entrance of the opening to the unknown. I was reassured for a while and decided to go inside and go have something to digest as I was feeling a little hungry, so I went and then I suddenly felt the urge to check on the hole.
As I made my way I saw through the glass door the gate to the underground was uncovered. I was one hundred percent sure I covered it up and I was definitely not hallucinating. Was I? Well I wasn’t really sure but I went with my gut feeling and I knew I covered it. I was not going to wait and find out what is in that hole so I marched there like a soldier and took out an imaginary flashlight thinking I had one. I tried turning it on and then I realized there was nothing there so I sprinted to the old, wooden cabinet. It was where all of my tools were stored. I quickly snatched it and ran back to figure out what was in the whole. I lit up the torch and shone the bright light into the opening and what I found was extravagant. An animal of some sort, I think it was a rabbit! I dug my extensive arm through the tiny hole and grabbed the filthy creature. I held it by its broad neck as it started squealing. I didn’t care if this was animal abuse.
It was living in my house rent free. I wouldn’t have let that go so I let the rabbit go a safe distance from my house and covered up the hole for good. Since then that whole was never opened again… or so I thought!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!