Far Blue

The gravity of tedium is holding me back.

Back from the sky donned with the occasional patch of white cotton, back from a destiny forged in far blue. Here I am glued, watching the familiar world surrounding me rush by. Having no voice in an ocean of commotion. Shouts and commands flying past my ears like the zing of a passing bullet. Now was my time.

The unfurling of spanning grey wings, and a whoosh.
This time gravity forgets to pull me to the ground again. Tips of wings dipping into the coldness of nothing. Below the lives of flat paper like people living flush against the once bare soil, so fragile and small with shallow little lives.

And with that, yes, I am soaring.

Soaring high above what is known and into far horizons. It is a sense of freedom, without any sense of fear. Away from the controversy of a single spoken word, and away from the overruling power held elsewhere. The only thing that could stop me now is my mind.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!