Farm Girl In The Big City.

Hi I’m Natalie, and i just moved from a small village in Ohio to a big city in San Fransisco. I had to move here because my dad was transferred for his job. I had to leave everything behind, my friends, my school. Life is a lot different then it was back home. Every morning I used to wake up to the sound of my rooster Bob, my day would start off by me getting up and going to milk my cow Debby, then I would feed the chickens, grab their eggs and head off to school. In San Fransisco I wake up from my new neighbours yelling across the room about something random. Sometimes if I am lucky i will get some peace and quiet when Mr and Mrs. Jeffers are out of the house for a few hours. My dad and I have had to change our lives from a 4 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom apartment on the 6th floor of a fifty year old complex. I was really confused why we had to move, my dad said that his boss was fired and they asked him if he would move to San Fransisco and become the boss there and he said yes. My mum lives back in Ohio, my parents divorced when I was twelve and my mum moved out of the house a few months after they discussed it. My dad took full custody of me, but I still get to see my mum and my step dad on Christmas and my birthday, and i get to FaceTime her around once a week. I have been here for around a month now and I have made 3 friends from down the hall in my complex, there names are Jade, Gina and Courtney. They have been keeping me company these past few weeks. There is this one girl Annabelle who has been making fun of me for the smallest things but i try to ignore it. I haven’t told my dad since it isn’t a big deal but the three girls know. They keep telling me that I need to tell him but i don't see why its such a big deal, all I need to do is just not take the things that she says to heart and i will be fine. There is this one boy that lives down the street who is really nice, we have talked a few times but i might see if he wants to be friends. He is super kind and has the funniest laugh. Life here in San Fransisco has been hard to adjust to but i think I am starting to get used to this life, things are a little hard but i am starting to finally get used to them as long as I be myself and stay with my friends, i will be fine.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!