Wagloo

“There he is,” I said pointing to the massive bulldog on the side of the stage. He blended in with the formal wear, wearing a fancy tuxedo. He was assembling a guitar as if he was about to play. I stared at him intensely until my friend shook my arm, “What?” I whispered annoyed “I saw something out there,” Alice replied, obviously disturbed. I stared out into the gloomy darkness. “It was probably nothing,” “You’re probably right,” Alice said looking back out into the gloom again.
“Hey,” I reassured putting my hand on her shoulder, she jumped as if she thought it was someone else, “Its ok,” I whispered pulling my hand away. I looked back to the dog, but he was gone. I heard a far growling by my side. He had seen us…

Alice and I ran. The fog was thick and moist and we were separated. The bulldog was right at my heels until I saw a black figure rushing through trees. It looked like another dog but this one was bigger, faster and stronger. I stared as the black figure got bigger and bigger. It was coming for me; I was cornered. The bulldog snarled at me and the now visible black wolf snarled and barked. I closed my eyes as they jumped to rip me limb from limb, but I felt no pain just the sensation of wind in my hair. I couldn’t feel the ground until I opened my eyes slowly and saw I was flying; flying over the buildings and fog, it was peaceful and calming until I thought, how am I up here? I looked above me to see a yellow raincoat and some black mist, then I realised a face staring down on me. Their face had a wide black smile and big hollow eyes, its blue hair dancing in the wind. It was a Waglwoo!

We had been flying for hours now, the face still staring down at me. My head angled down looking at the forest below us. When I looked up, I saw a funnel like platform leading to a giant hole with what I though was a massive drop because the platform was so tall. We flew over it and the Waglwoo dropped me, and I fell, down, down, down. OOF! The impact made me cough and struggle for air. Hard balls were then dropped from the sky falling and hitting me all over giving me bruises and scratches. The Waglwoo watched from above signalling to throw the balls in the hole. I picked one up and throw it at the hole, it spun around the rim then fell in. DING! “it must be a puzzle!” I whispered to myself. I started throwing more balls in, the more I threw, the happier the Waglwoo looked.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!