The Space Adventure

Finalist in the 'Unleashed 2022' competition

As the stars danced in the sky, nothing could be heard as the excited but scared astronaut peered out of the colossal windows, and the new astronaut Willow was full of fear. “What if we crash and stay here forever?" she thought nervously. Her heart was caught in her throat as they landed on Moon.
Willow Wild was an intelligent and shy astronaut. She completed her training at NASA. She was the best of the best and had trained for ten years. Willow had eyes as blue as the ocean, and she liked to flick around her long, light brown hair. In her free time, Willow's favourite thing was to do star gazing, wearing her short blue starry dress. Willow was usually a bit shy, but she was intelligent beyond her age. She was calm, kind and caring. She loved a good adventure and hoped one day she would be one of the best astronauts in the whole wide world. Her biggest fear was being the worst astronaut.
Willow desperately wanted to fly away back to the earth. But she did not get off as essential for her to make her dreams come true. So, Willow stayed on the ship with a fear unlike any other. Suddenly, there was a crash and Willow got thrown off! Luckily, she was wearing her space suit to protect her as she landed on the moon.
Willow got out of the spaceship and began walking around. After a while, Willow saw her gleaming spaceship fly away without her! Oh, what was she going to do? All her bravery was gone as she sat lost on the moon. All her hope diminished; Willow thought her crew would never return for her as she sat on the dusty, gloomy moon. Before she could give up and call the moon home, a glimmer of light caught her eyes. Was it a satellite...? No. A shooting star...? No. It was her crew’s ship! Down, down it came, and Willow climbed on. She learned to never give up on others and to have faith in everyone. Willow was going up, up and away!
What an adventure!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!