Brave Ava

Finalist in the 'Unleashed 2022' competition

Ava is scared, cuddled up in a bundle under her bed. She hears the booming guns and crashing bricks of the houses in her beautiful land. Her heart is pumping fast, her breathing is becoming puffy. She can smell the flaming hot red fires nearby.
So many questions are storming into her mind. Why is this war happening in my beautiful land? It is destroying my whole country and kids are losing their parents.
She gets a worried feeling in her heart what if I lose my parents? “This is bad, I hate wars.”
She wants to leave but she can’t because she belongs there. She had a magnificent celebration of her 5th birthday last year. She had wonderful playdates with her best friends. She had happy memories of patting her neighbour’s dog Lilly and of decorating the Christmas tree with her lovely family. The memories of going to the yoghurt world and enjoying their delicious ice-creams. All of this reminds her of her beautiful land.
Suddenly a tiny voice speaks in Ava’s scared mind, “I am strong! I am brave!”
“I can save myself,” Ava said to herself bravely. She crawls out on her wobbly knees from under her bed and rushes through the main wooden door, calling for help.
“Help! I need help!” she screamed. No one heard her. It was too loud out there.
She started running until she could see a small peaceful cottage. She knocked at the red metal door and sighed, “Can I come in, please.” The red metal door opened, and to Ava’s pleasant surprise, she saw her gymnastics coach standing right in front of her.
“Oh Ava, little darling, come in.” said her coach. Ava sat down on the soft grey couch and told her coach all about her frightening journey. “It’s going to be OK! You will be safe here with me.” the coach said kindly to Ava.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!