The Unsolved Case

A murder occurred at 1:00 AM, a guy named Harry came into the police station and showed a photo that he took around 1:00 AM and saw a tall man with a light brown beard with a raincoat standing outside the balcony of the victim Tobey’s house. The constable said he knew who that was and he would call him where he is, a few minutes later he said that he was at home. The constable went to get him, but when he arrived he was confused, as to why the constable had taken him.


The police constable and Ezhil, the accused reached the police station and the inspector showed the photo of him standing out of Tobey’s balcony, but he said it wasn’t him. Meanwhile, a man got caught drinking and driving, but that wasn’t the point, he was identical to Ezhil. The man who just came in was named Kavin and he said that they were brothers and hated each other. When they were born their father was busy talking to people about work deals but their mother was taking care of them, and then their mother divorced their father when the kids were still at the age of 10.


So Ezhil went to his father and his brother Kavin went with his mother. Unfortunately after 3 years, Kavin’s mum had a week to live because of cancer. After his mum passed away he moved in with Ezhil and his father. They were not getting along well because due to differences of opinion about their father. The father was getting depressed by his busy work and no peace at home. So he decided to suicide. Ezhil and Kavin were 20 years old when their dad died. They went their separate ways and built their own houses.


Kavin was a software engineer and got a high-paying job, Ezhil was an engineer and kept on stealing Kavin’s stuff. Then they both came into this situation, the police constable saw a big huge bruise on Kavin’s right shoulder and said he skidded on his bike. They were thinking if any fingerprints were in the house they went to the house but couldn’t find them because a police constable smudged them unknowingly by rubbing his back to the wall. They asked where was Ezhil at 1:00 AM he said he was at Smearer avenue trying to get someone to replace his tyre. Police checked his trunk and he had a tyre. Again police got disappointed as the case was going nowhere.

Though police had limited evidence they pressed charges against Ezhil based on a selfie on the balcony. However, the judge advised though it is clear one of them is a murderer but police had failed to prove whether Ezhil or Kavin is the actual murderer. Unfortunately, it is not fair to sentence both of them as one of them is an innocent and discharged case. Then, Ezhil and Kavin met outside and Ezhil was thankful that Kavin was helping him.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!