Broken Angels

Excellence Award in the 'Summertime Fun ONLINE' competition

Abused mothers and sick fathers.
Tired sons and woeful daughters.
Masked figures moving to and fro, with a plastered smile on their face.
Walls are built, bricks are laid. The result of repeated broken trust and shame.
We don’t know their stories, or what happens after dark.
We don’t see their tears, or their cracked and broken hearts.
The masked do their best to act normal and blend in.
Through work and bad habits, they hide their battles within.
Each situation is different, each mask unique.
Each having their own problems and defeat.
But all of them are strong, all warriors in their own lives.
All fighting to keep their spirit alive.
I call them
broken angels.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!