A Lost Message

“Olivia,” someone whispered. I rubbed my eyes and saw that it was pitch black outside. I turned to look at where the noise came from. I gasped in shock, it couldn't be, could it? My supposedly dead sister standing at the foot of my bed staring at me with her perfect teal eyes. An anxious look settled across her face as she said “Olivia, I need your help.’ Her voice was urgent but I knew she wasn't real. Six months after her death she came to my bfed every night, but it had been a year now. I was mostly certain she wasn't real. ‘you're not real.’ I tried to hide the uncertainty in my voice but some of it leaked out. ‘Olivia you have to trust me, I get that this is confusing but I really need your help. I'm trapped, it's dark down here. The last thing I remember is getting called into the principal's well dads office. He offered me tea. I took a sip and then fell asleep then I was half awake and I was shoved down a staircase into a basement.’ she slowly started disappearing but she said urgently ‘please help me’ then she was gone couldn't believe what had happened but if there was any chance i could save my sister i would.

I spent the rest of the night trying to put together what she told me, so far all I got was that someone must have put sedatives in her tea. She was called to the principal's office and dad’s the principal he wouldn't plus there wasn't even a basement at school was there? Well there was a door that was always locked in dad's office. The pieces were starting to connect. It was a horrible realization. Scarlet my sister went to dads office, drank tea that had sedatives in it then she got taken to possibly a basement behind that door. I had to get to school but it was Saturday. An idea came to my mind. I always spend at least an hour there after school. I'll just pretend I left my computer then he’ll give me the keys. I'll drive there and save Scarlett hopefully.

“Hey dad, I left my computer at school. Can I have the keys?” It was hard looking at him but I knew Scarlett might not be there at least I hoped. ``Sure livvy u need me to drive you?” He asked ‘no thanks.’ I said he gave me his keys to the school and off I went.

I really hoped I was wrong. Why would I think my dad kidnapped my sister but I had to check because What if she was there and I could save her? I had to try. When I got there I headed straight to the office. My dad was horrible at hiding stuff so i soon found the keys to the door i opened it and there was my sister i looked at her and she looked brooken

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!