The Monster


Some people love living dangerously. For some people the thrill of a near miss is what they crave their whole lives: the moment of panic that rises up from the pit of your stomach like your blood has turned to ice, but then washes over you like blissfully warm water as the dyer passes. This was one of those moments. You could hear the sharp intake of breath as the crest of the fifty meter wave frothed and formed like the mouth of an angry kraken there were only seconds to wait. Tentacles emerged from the depths, thrashing at the sea wall. Who knows what danger we are in. I am not one of those people who love danger, I am a cowardly person who seeks safety from others willing to sacrifice others if I had to survive. I felt something grab me from behind. I think my heart skipt a few beats then I got wreathed from the crowd and into a submarine beached on the shore. It was my dad's friend. He closed the hatch and ran down the hallway to what looked like the bridge. I continued wondering why I’m here and what is happening. I heard my parents talking seriously but I could tell there was fear in their voice. They said the leviathan has awoken someone who has obtained the stone tablet and has control over its every action with the leviathans tablet. Earth has no future.
I dropped to the floor panicking questions running through my head like ripples in a lake. I think he heard us. they said. at least he knows now. I heard footsteps coming from the hall and my dad crouched beside me. I know it's hard but we will all be ok. he said. Why didn't you tell me? we wanted you to have a good life without having to stress about it your whole life about the thing we got ourselves into. What do you mean? he sighed. We were only teens. We didn't know that pur curiosity Eolie Leda ti this. What are you trying to say? I askes, holding back tears. What I'm trying to say is that we harnessed the power from the ancient crystals and made the stone tablet and we are the reason the earth is doomed.
To be continued…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!