Midnight Terror

Midnight terror, an absolute nightmare for those who are bound to end up in front of the gates of hell. Once you sense it, you know there's no going back. And once you see it, you know that your remaining hours on Earth are going to be your worst. It's hard to believe that only unfortunate people get a glimpse of this train, since it's only seen by ones who have committed unthinkable sins. The 'lucky' ones who have tried
investigating this event, have not been seen since they had officially begun. God knows what happened. I'm considered as a human, neither lucky nor unlucky, just neutral, I guess. I've seen people boarding the train and have never tried to save them. Am I too cruel? I don't think so, they deserve the agony. Do I know the main reason why I'm able to see Midnight Terror? Yes, you'll find out when the time comes. February 13th, 1961, somehow considered a detrimental date, was the Friday I saw 13 sinners taking board. The look on their faces was worth seeing. How desperate they seemed to get out of this pathetic mess and go back to their pitiful lives.

I was once a person who was pitied by everyone, even those who did not know an inch of me. It was pathetic. As I was desperate to rule the evil, they were eager to see me fail, even though I had already accomplished it. But still, my miserable heart was looking for that unknown granule of hope.

Reaching so far, I wouldn't consider it as hard work. As those thirteen creature looking faces took board, I saw a little boy come up to me, asking-
"Aren't you taking board?"
I slowly stood up and brushed off the snow that had made him shiver.
"Well child, why should I?" I replied with a proud grin. I knew he was confused, judging by the expression he had on his face. I could tell he had several questions to ask.

"Do you want to hear a story, kid?" I asked, touching his shoulder gently. He nodded.

"Midnight terror, a train to hell, but also considered as a trip to terror created by us, humans. The main reason this unusual invention was created was because of the indefinite hate people had for this one boy. He was young, just like you, but different. They were jealous of him. His curiosity was never exposed, since no one knew what would happen if it were to happen. After he turned 18, he stopped caring. Well, the consequences are in front of you now, kid"

The kid seemed scared, and asked about how I knew more than anyone could. Well I forgot to tell him one thing. I am that boy who invented Midnight Terror.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!