Blood Stained

I shuffled around my sheets before hastily prying my eyes open. 10:09am. "Uhhhh, I had so much to do today," I groaned. "At this rate, nothing will be done." Swinging my feet off the bed, I threw the blankets off, revealing a red cloth and dried red substance on my hands. "When did that get there?" I thought, confused, but too flustered to care. "Oh well." After getting up and dropping the cloth in the garbage, I washed my hands. The TV, left on all night, was broadcasting news on missing kids in Flagstone. Although I felt bad for them, I had more pressing matters to tend to. The run-down apartment was a mess. As per usual, the garbage was overflowing with cans and bottles. I had so much I needed to get done before my sister's wedding at 12:30pm. It was a two hour trip to the designated destination which left me about another... "Only half an hour! But I still need to clean this place and myself up!", I muttered in frustration. After taking the garbage to the dumster and cleaning the kitchen, I got ready in my cheap, fake suit that I bought from the counterfeit shop down the road and hopped in the car. Just as I started the engine, everything grew hazy before finally turning dark.

Blood stained shirt. The bodies of dead relatives. Grass the colour of blood. Screaming and shouting echoing in every direction. My sister's corpse was under me, her wedding dress soaked in blood from the two wounds in her thigh and neck. "What happened?" I thought, confused. "I was in the car driving here and then..." I was stunned to see a long, bloodied knife in my hand. I heard the sound of sirens piercing my ears, becoming louder and louder. Without thinking, I shot past the bodies and ran to my car. As I sped off, the police gave chase. I suddenly blacked out a second time.

This time, as I came back to conciousness, the police cars were on fire, some totalled or utterly destroyed. Each of the drivers were all in awkward positions with bullets in their skulls. "I must've gone for a different approach this time", I smirked, placing the gun in my back pocket. On my way home, I left the car at a nearby apartment parking lot, back where I had stolen the vehicle from. I walked the rest of the way home, covered in blood and heard the terrified screams of people frantically running away in fear. "A cold beer would be nice right about now", I thought as I arrived back to the apartment. I sat on the couch, feet on the table, gulping my beer, still in my bloody clothes, laughing as I heard the sirens of police cars surrounding the apartment where I had returned the car.

It wasn't long before I blacked out again, shocked at the sight of blood on my clothes and the gun in my pocket.....

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!