I Love You To Death

I see you lying there. I don’t recognise you. We once worked to save lives and change the world but now you can’t move from your bed. I don’t understand why we can’t play anymore. I see hair loss, bleeding gums and bruising skin. You don’t look like the Marie Curie I used to know. You look sick, you haven’t eaten in days and have lost weight. You look skeletal. The eyes once filled with determination are now bloodshot and tired. You seem confused and I can’t understand you. Are you asking me to help you save more lives or are you just mumbling in a confused way? We once slept side-by-side at night and played together during the day. You gave me life... a reason to live... an identity. Every day your breathing is getting shallower and you now barely open your eyes. I sense you getting weaker. You are sleeping more and struggling to stay awake. Your once healthy skin is pale, red and purple with sores. I sense your pain and know that our friendship will soon end. I have a soft, green glow, with a unique identity. I have helped Marie save lives for over 30 years. My name is Radium and I am the best of Marie Curie. Our time together is over as she closes her eyes for the last time.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!