Simulation

Excellence Award in the 'Summertime Fun ONLINE' competition

The serenity of such an atmosphere continued to play a soft melody, soothing the two into an unworldly state of consciousness. The vast endless ocean of harmonious oranges, reds and pinks seemed to swirl together to unveil a new land for the explorers. Giant mythical jellyfish-like creatures roamed the waters, providing a safe haven, protecting and watching over anyone who enters the vortex of serenity. Upon discovering a new world no has yet to tell the story of, a sharp exhilarating thunder sounded within the two best friends, new mysteries uncovered by the seconds, leaving them to only gasp.

The sky seemed so free. The creatures swayed passersby into a comfortable blanket. The feeling of the air was so warm. An underlying world shielding the two. From what?

Envious beatings bursted; why couldn't Earth be like this? How is this so peaceful? I wonder if I can live here forever? An endless room, where you cannot escape, a box enclosing victims into a loop of idyllic dreams only, an illusion where nothing is malicious.

A contaminated vessel pulsed under the water, a deathly red bright as the sun, veined across the entire world, possessing the horizon, and illuminating the world into a hellish atmosphere. A clear trigger for the deformation and radiation-like transformations onto the wandering beasts, limbs and heads protruded from the bodies, a human-like texture dissipating the safe feeling of soft protective tentacles they once had. The two travellers could only turn a blind eye, refusing to leave their delusion of ‘home’. A repetition of an old forgotten world.

Stuck within a simulation...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!