Lies- Our Enemy Or Accomplice

Excellence Award in the 'Summertime Fun ONLINE' competition

It’s sorrowful that every word escaping your mouth is a forgotten promise.
It’s despondent that reality is a collection of mirrors and illusions.
Every inquisitive thought used contradictory, causing nothing but distrust.
That every shard of focus is masqueraded by- lies.

Every action plotted and engraved by premonition. Set in stone. The lies we tell ourselves.
Because the truth may not ever be there whether in consolation or grief.
Is the truth a lie? Is that a lie?

In this fabricated world, immaterial to glory. Is human power a lie?
Every spectacle of a being: are they just a TV show for intergalactic entertainment?

Oblivious, we are. The lies shrouding the spines of each.
Are lies bad? They’re always there when we seek motive.
Truth? We wait, but it hasn’t yet arrived.

Why are we on Earth? To commit lies?
I’ll tell you : we all have a purpose; we just need to dig deep to find it.
Until we do, mission failed successfully!
That’s not a lie!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!