The Unknown Powers

“Hey, Midnight! Wake up!” A voice hushed. Midnight slowly opened his cyan eyes. Midnight was a black wolf. So black that he can blend right into a shadow.

“What?” Yawned Midnight.

Midnight saw his friend, Sunset. Sunset was a gold wolf with beady black eyes.

“Time to wake up, and I was woken up by a strange noise,“ said Sunset, shoving Midnight.

Midnight got up and stretched. Their sleeping place was a well-hidden cave, where none could find except them. There was something weird about the two wolves. They were all vegetarians. But they mostly liked to eat fruit. Midnight liked cold fruit, and Sunset liked warm fruit. Midnight walked through a bunch of trees with Sunset right behind him. Midnight found berries growing from a little tree and passed some berries to Sunset.

“Thanks,” Sunset said.

Midnight found a watermelon and cracked it open. The two wolves ate in silence. Suddenly, there was a CRASH and a voice calling something. The thing came out of the bushes, and before anybody could blink, a net was thrown over Midnight, pinning him to the ground. The thing was standing on two legs and wearing a shirt and pants that looked like leaves. The thing’s black boots kicked dust into the blue cloudless sky. Sunset roared and tried to take the net off the net, but the net stayed rooted to the ground as if it were saying to Midnight, "I caught you, you’re stuck and you can never escape." All of a sudden, Sunset’s tail turned into flames.

“Ack! You’re on fire,” roared Midnight.


Sunset stepped in front of Midnight, purposely brushing the net with her fire tail. The part Sunset’s tail that brushed against the net instantly turned to ash as some other bits of the flame worked on the rest of the net. Sunset grabbed a stick and opened up her mouth. She unleashed a blast of fire and then threw it at the human. Everywhere it touched the human, smoke started to get born on its skin. The human screamed. Midnight stood up, and his fur turned dark blue, almost black. Midnight opened his jaws and blasted the evil human with ice all over his body. They ran back to their sleeping spot.

“Wow, that fire of yours was great,” grinned Midnight.

“Thanks; your ice was super cool too,” smiled Sunset.

“I guess we are quite rare,” guessed Sunset.

“Yes,” said Midnight.

Their fur turned back to normal, but they had something on their foreheads. Sunset had a sun, and Midnight had a snowflake in the middle of his forehead. They all glowed in the dark, reflecting off the stone caves. Together, Sunset and Midnight walked deeper into the cave to look for a clue about a mysterious thing. They walked so deep into the cave that you could only see the mark on their foreheads and their glow-in-the-dark eyes. They are going on an adventure together, and they will protect each other.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!