The Abandoned House

One pleasant and fine day, Larry who was a six year old boy was walking through the streets of Melbourne with his mum. Larry loved horror movies and books. He saw an abandoned house and asked his mum,” Mum? Can I go in?”
His mum replied “Ok,but not for long. Mummy is going shopping next door okay?”
“Ok !” exclaimed Larry as he wistfully skipped in.
Larry pushed open the doors and was greeted with nothing. Literally nothing. Larry was disappointed.”I thought this place was supposed to be creepy!” complained Larry as he walked towards the door. When he tugged on the door, he realised that it was locked!
Now Larry was getting scared.
“Please don’t hurt me, I have a mum a family and a house!” exclaimed Larry between breaths as he bashed on the door.
A sudden voice replied “ We won’t hurt you..”
Larry said “ Thank god.”
“ Unless you answer this riddle wrong.” continued the voice.
What can be as small as a pea or as big as the sky but the person who buys it doesn’t own it?”
“ Ummmmmm..” said Larry as his life was on the line. “ A present?” He asked as he questioned himself.
“Correct.” replied the voice, “ You may exit.”
Larry did a fist bump in the air as he exited and went to the store his mum was shopping in.
“Are you done? “ Larry asked his mum



The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!