Pain Free

“I saved your life!” I cry, as she starts to disappear into the shadows.

“You shoved me off a skyscraper.” she scoffs.

I roll my eyes, even though she can’t see me. “Before that.”

“Plunging a dagger into the heart of my friend? I don’t think so.”

“So what, you’re just gonna ditch me in the middle of a conversation? I’d rather be dead than experience that kind of pain.” I’m being sarcastic, and boy, I hope she knows it.

Crap. She’s stopped walking.

“Dead, you say? Can do.”

The dramatic music escalates as she advances towards me. She plunges the rubber dagger into the centre of my chest, and the lights dramatically turn off.

The crowd roars.

But then I realise that the fake dagger isn’t blunt enough, and much too sharp. My pretend killer hasn’t moved. She shoves the dagger further into my chest, a pool of blood starting to appear around it. I frown. Is she killing me? I begin to feel weak, and my eyes slip shut. I see a white, blinding light.

The crowd doesn’t know whether to cheer or to gasp. Am I really dead?

It’s a good thing I can’t feel pain.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!