A Message From Father To Son

A Message From Father to Son

Father:

I'm an old man, I know that from the bottom of my heart, and I'm proud of that. But I'm proud of other things, too, because my son's so brave. Braver than I will ever be. I wish I could spend more time with my son, Arthur, to be the father that I have always wanted to be. But he is so much more to me than a son. He's my pillar of hope and strength, the only thing that has me pursuing life's staircase. My staircase has tacks and splinters and rocks, but his, his staircase is a crystal staircase...

I hope that this can be a new beginning for Arthur and I, but both him and I will never have a complete heart. There will always be one missing piece. His eyes remind me of his mother, they're just so alike. I wish she could see Arthur growing up. But I guess our dreams cut too short and vanished away into the slinking shadows. Arthur has been a good son; no, a good mate and tries to visit me everyday. I can understand his reluctance, and it's not that he doesn't want to see me, but because he is taking care of another family, a younger family. They deserve it more than I do. I can hear someone approaching now, I just hope it could be Arthur.

Son:

Father is so brave. Braver than me. I am approaching him now, but he doesn't seem to recognise me at all. He's done so much for me and I'm proud to be his son. I think of him as my flower, but now he is shrivelling up like a winter flower, and it's no longer summer. I know that I'm a coward. The only reason that I don't visit Father too often because I am afraid of what will happen next time, that I may never see him again. I just can't bear seeing someone who means so much to me covered in cords and hooked up to machines. He's not the father I know, but he's old now and I'm young, so to be true, I might not understand anything of this world. One day I might be like him. I just wish I could see both Father and Mother together, it would make him so happy again. I want him to be happy and enjoy life. That's all I want now. For him to have a complete heart.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!