In The Rainforest

CRASH! The thunderstorm rages across the tree. The tall trees fell one by one like dominos. As the heavy rain wet my hair, I scattered cautiously through the rainforest looking for one thing, food… food was scarce, but unlike the deserts, it is less humid and water is extremely common.

After walking for a while, I spied a carcass being eaten by a very angry looking pack of wolves. To get a better view, I took a step closer. CRUNCH. The withered leaves crinkled under my boot. The wolves spun their heads rapidly and started prowling at me. Rushing quickly, I rushed to a tree jumping upwards climbing to the top.

Just when they left the branch I was sitting on gave a snap and I plant into the puddles beneath and hit my head on the tree.p As a wolf prowled towards me I Yeah rolled over and stood up running as fast as I could. I kept running…

As a canyon emerged from the horizon, the growling and barking became more fierce. Eventually, I jumped of clinging to a scaly green and white patterned vine with no leaves. Swinging from one “vine” to another graciously across the canyon. I looked back expecting growling wolves on the other side, but I met to a group of red-eyed cobras hissing and slithering towards me…

The hisses weren’t quite audible anymore as I ran through a ancient temple. An escape tunnel. It was yellow sand… Hopefully it is the beach! The hot humid air hit me as I stepped into a new biome. The desert…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!