The Distressed King

The wind blew through their hair for the first time, the new princesses had been born on the distant planet of Chiria. The King very proud of his daughters looked into their eyes, to only see innocent pure-hearted warriors; their names were Kolra and Argula. Knowing the fate of their older brother Matoto, who was taken as a prize for Lord Notric for claiming the Chirians and their work methods, the King felt guilt. The King was distressed, knowing there was only one way for them to survive, sending them to a distant planet. He was fixated on finding a suitable planet for them, motionless, he sat alone in deep thought upon his throne.

An eerie feeling emerged in the great King, someone was there, looking at him. Disturbed by this feeling he looked around the vast room, but caught no sight of anyone. Convinced someone was still there he called in a deep ruling voice, “Who dares disturb me at this hour!” his voice spreads across the room, causing a great echo down the corridors, yet no response answered him. He continued his thoughts once again, yet still conscious of the fact that someone's eyes are upon him.

Finally, a thought struck him, a distant planet filled with powerful majestic elves. The elves are very skilled with swordsmanship and archery, as well as magic. Knowing that this is the best chance his daughters have to escape their planet's dreadful fate, he quickly but quietly orders two guards outside the room to prepare two space pods for takeoff. Then he walks down the long corridor to the 54th room where his daughters sleep peacefully in two special nursing capsules. He prepares them in special warrior armor specifically made for them and ease of combat. Upon his exit from the room, he is greeted by a very unexpected guest, none other than Lord Notric himself, who looks very agitated about something.
“Greetings, I believe you have some explaining to do!” commanded Lord Notric.
Frozen in fear and his hands trembling, the King attempts to bow in Lord Notric’s presence.

Trying to gather the courage to speak, the King was still trembling.
“What is it, cat got your tongue? Good riddance, you always bite off more than you can chew.” Notric scowled in disgust at the King.
“No, it’s not what you think, these two lowlives were about to be sent to a planet to conquer, it’s just, they needed to be equipped with suitable armor, which is what I was just doing?”
“Oh really, what planet? Would it be profitable to rid its inhabitants?”
“It won’t be a fortune, but still it rids a planet that could get in your way, my Lord.”
“Fine, but hurry up, I need to have an important meeting about your troupe's loyalty.”

Quickly, he gathered the identical twins, with black plaited hair and dark eyes, and sent them off. Taking one last look at them, he proudly smiled and waved goodbye to his last children.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!