Cat-tastrophe Down Under

“Mum,” Tina wailed “I want to go to Earth like Papa, purr-lease?”
“You know you’re too young, my little fur ball. ” Tina’s mother, Emily, said.

Afterwards
“Tina, come back!” Tina’s auntie cried while chasing Tina
“Ne-fur!” Tina shouted as she pounced into a room.
“Wait…This spacecraft goes to Earth!” Immediately, Tina’s paws slammed the red button and she flew off. After what felt like fur-ever the spacecraft crashed. Tina stepped out. “You’ve got to be kitten me.”
There wasn’t anything around, only a stream . “Pur-haps I should follow the stream.”

“Ahakakakaka!!”
A kookaburra. Sprinting to it, Tina’s stomach growled. Then she pounced and squealed. “Gotcha!”
“P-please don’t eat me!” The kookaburra stammered ,“I’ll find you food…?”
“That would be claw-fully delicious,” Tina licked her lips
“Fur-llow me, by the way I’m Garry.” He paused. “You won't eat me..right?”
“Paw-mise.”

They wandered to a creek. Then Tina spotted something. A bill like a duck, a tail like a beaver, and brown fur. Then a splash of water knocked Tina out.

“Are you okay?” was the first thing she heard.
“I'm feline fur-ine, but what’s that?” Tina answered.
The creature then said, “I’m Lydia, the most amazing platypus.” she said
“Ne-fur heard of you,” Garry replied.
“Hmmph!” Lydia responded, arms crossed. She suddenly burst into tears, “I-I’m all alone.” She said between sobs.
“Wanna be fur-ends..?” Tina asked. Lydia Tina a small smile.
“Yes pur-lease.” Lydia said and they giggled.
They continued walking until Tina spotted a giant red rock. “Look, over there! It’s a red meow-tain,” Tina said excitedly.
“ That’s Uluru, silly.” Lydia giggled

They started to climb Uluru. The top was just in reach when they heard a noise.
“Aaaahh-oooooooo!”
“W-w-what was that..? Tina shivered,
“Probably a dingo.” Garry said.
“Garry! Poor Tina is fur-rightened!” Lydia said as she comforted Tina.

The howls got louder as they reached the top. A pack of dingos appeared and started chasing them. The largest of them, the leader, had a scar on his face. The dingoes cornered them, and took them to a cave.
“ A platypus, bleh. A kookaburra, yuck. Oooh, a cat.” The leader picked Tina up. He was about to devour her when another cat appeared. “I thought we had an agreement…and you know what happens if you break it.” He said in a booming voice staring at the dingo’s scar.
“Oh yes..” The dingo said. He dropped Tina and sped off.
“You okay?” Lydia and Garry cried.
“I’m fine. Cats always land on their feet.” Tina said as she waddled over to the other cat.
“Thank you!! Wait a meow-ment, you look fur-miliar...” Tina paused, “Dad...?”
“Tina? ” Tina’s father replied

“Okay, you’re freaking meow-t, firstly: Why are you here?” he asked.
After a long explanation Tina asked, “How will I get home?”
“Take my spacecraft,” he smiled.
Tina was about to leave.
“So you’re leaving us? ” Lydia butted in.
“Mum is probably worried sick… I paw-mise I’ll visit.”
“We’ll miss you,” Garry wept.
And with that she took off.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!