Some Risks Are Worth It

Crash! The seawater hit the rocks. It was a stormy day. I was in my calm pool next to the ferocious sea. I had a beautiful coral and everything I needed unless you count a friend who I needed. I only have very few visitors who only stayed for a night. I had a couple of thoughts and finally decided to head out to the reckless sea. I ate the last piece of food and flipped out of the pool!
At first, it was challenging to swim in the Current. I still managed to get through it. Then I got swept away to a coral reef where I made friends. The sea was beautiful and had enormous coral reefs. I started to get hungry but couldn’t find food anywhere! I usually get fed by some big and extraordinary creatures. I got homesick and felt like it was not worth swimming out of my comfy home. I wanted to be in a calm and beautiful place. I tried to swim back the way I came. I eventually got lost and hid between some rocks.
The next day the storm was over. I was hungry. My friends gave me directions to the nearest coral reef. I went to that coral reef, where I found myself in a home and fed myself until I was full.
A week passed, and I felt lonely again. I stayed in the coral reef in search of some family. I came across an elegant, green woman fish. She asked if she could stay at my place for a bit. She also said that she had no home and was hungry.
I said that she could stay at my house. The fish stayed at my home for a little while.
Weeks passed, and I got the elegant, green woman fish as my wife and some children. I had a happy and peaceful life after all!
Today my children were begging me to go outside to play with them. I told them it was too dangerous to go outside in very rough weather, but they told me not to worry because it was only raining. I told them I got lost from my home because of this weather. The small one said without me being adventurous: I would never have a house like this. Without further discussion, the two left home to play. My wife said to let them play because they need to be as adventurous as me. I thought for a while and asked my kids if they felt like going on an adventure. They agreed, and then we went for a swim. We swam past the rocks, a different coral reef and the Current. Can you guess where we are going? We were heading to my first home. When we got to my pool, we jumped into the pool and relaxed for a bit and ate my favourite food that was still in my food chamber. Then, it was getting late, so we swam back home and had dinner. My wife asked my children if we had fun, and they replied with a loud YES!
SOME RISKS ARE WORTH IT!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!