Treasure Hunters

"Isabella get down here, it's time to go to school," Shouted her mum as she grabbed the car keys. It was Isabella's first day at school in Dallas, Texas Isabella is from Sydney, Australia. Her Mum, her Dad and Isabella had to move to Dallas, for her Dad's work. "Okay!" she said. So they drove to school in their maroon truck. But when it was time to get out of the car Isabella said "Please don't make me go to school." "You have to go and don't worry you will make lot's of friends and have lot's of fun," replied Isabella's mum, as she held Isabella's hand and walked into school. As she scanned the classroom she found the sent of lavender in the air, the room was neat and tidy everything in its place. Isabella sat at an empty desk all by herself. "Hello class this is a new year so let's make the best of it, I am Miss Honey. First we are going to be doing some painting," Announced Miss Honey. "Isabella and Jas can you go get the paints from the store room." "Okay! come on Isabella I will show where it is," Jas said . So Isabella followed Jas to the store room. When they got there Jas got some different paints and waited for Isabella. As Isabella looked for the blue she spotted a piece of paper stuffed behind a box. She pulled with all her strength and got it out, Jas and Isabella stared at the piece of paper. Suddenly, Jas took off running towards the library. When she and Isabella got there she studied a brick with pictures carved into it. "No-one knows what it means, do you?" asked Jas. Isabella stared at the words and then finally replied with "Do you have a tree house?" "Yes!" screamed Jas and she took off again but Isabella could keep up with her this time. Jas pointed to some letters carved deeply into the wood of the treehouse. Isabella and Jas immediately knew what it was "The sandpit," They both exclaimed, as they started to sprint to the sandpit. There was some wooden play equipment in the sandpit, it had an X in it. Isabella and Jas started digging under the play equipment to find a time capsule. They opened it up to find a diamond necklace, a ruby bracelet and a gold ring. They carried the time capsule into the classroom but before they could say anything. "Where were you? Where is the paint?" exclaimed Miss Honey. "Wait look." Jas replied and she opened the time capsule. Miss Honey gasped "Principal's office now." The girls rushed out to the principal's office with the capsule. "Congratulations girls! You have found the lost treasure of Ryelyn VonSweets and it's real, the school is going to keep the diamond necklace, you girls can keep one piece each," stated Mr Morgan. "What's that on your wrist," asked mum. "Well guess what happened at school today..."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!