In The Dark

Excellence Award in the 'Summertime Fun ONLINE' competition

Marvelling through the graveyard at dark, something told someone was watching him… A shrill cry entered through the faded mist triggering rural impacts on his mind. The boy carefully slithered past a dozen of dangerous blood red roses. His heart was pacing more faster and faster by the second.
“Felix,” he murmured, “Felix!”
With droopy eyes, he relentlessly carried on. One small gaze of him through the dark night sky, and his lost energy would instantly be regained.
Noah’s nose shivered like jelly against the frigid air, while he squinted past the knee length grass. Things were getting too dangerous and frightening for the striping.
Thump. Thump. Thump.
A trillion small lights shot straight through his eyes, blinding the shaky teen, as a swift movement bolted past him. Could it feasibly be him?
After hours of probing up and over tombstones, singing songs the mongrel loved, and discerning the wide bushes, he knew there wasn’t any point searching.
I’m sorry, he thought. I can’t. There’s no light, nothing left, I’m scared, lost, I’m sorry.
When he finally was able to drag himself to a leave, a dark tall shadow approached abruptly and confronted him. The strange moment of silent staring forced Noah smirk in the first time of what felt years. The unfamiliar creep began to move his hands in an uncanny gesture, however, little did the adolescent know that this stranger knew the art of magic. A small magical ball of yellow light took off in the sky.
Little ball, soar In the air,
Little ball, give me all for what I care,
Little ball, have some trust,
Little ball, fly with shallow thrust
For half a second, he may have even forgotten about Felix, who still was firmly stuck to the bottom of his heart, as of the fabulous mystery that lied above him. Noah turned to face the magician.
“That’s amaze-“ he complimented to the shadow, who had vanished into the dark, leaving the sphere of mystery behind. As the little boy carried on, a soft twitch echoed from the furthest point of the cemetery. Once again, the wanderer raced into sight, looking whatsoever kinder, more friendly and trustworthier than before.
The poor juvenile was made urged to cram down a single ‘Luck Drop lollipop,’ not to his comfort. He paused and thought for a moment.
Noah hesitated, nevertheless he was cut short by this hasty unreasonable guest.
“SHHHHHH”
Excuses were racing as fast as a plane through his baffled brain. I’m allergic? On a diet?
Too late. As he shoved a single serving of an anonymous lollipop into his mouth, he could taste the sugary gelatine rush down his food pipe. Then a miracle happened. Noah’s eyes light up. It was his beloved caboodle, Felix. He giggled and laughed, relieved to not have lost his dog.
“Thank you” he cried, not so astonished to see the sorcerer vanished.
In the end, there’s always light, when searching for something loved, in the dark.






FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!