Sink

Icy wind slashed at his face as the rain danced its evil dance upon his head. The last of his effort was pushed into making his body stand upon the cold, wet sand. The sand moved from underneath his toes and made its way out to the sides of his feet. Giving him a slight bit of support. The waves crashed onto the shore leaving poor Micheal left in horror. The rain continued to pour down creating a storm in the heat of the Caribbean. As the drips from the rain flowed down his face they were joined by a waterfall of tears. All he was left with was the dagger that he had used for protection the past few days. The sun rose over the distant mountains and Islands, the black boats slowly sinking into the mists of the ocean with beautiful colors behind them. It made everything feel like a dream. Until it didn't. Until reality hit him hard.

The morning had finally come around and no more darkness was to be seen. The heat was unbearable for a poor 14-year-old boy, like Micheal. But he lay on the beach realizing what a mistake it was to have left his parents to do a stupid dare. Bugs were swarming around him and making his morning miserable. The breeze slowly came around and the sweat from his forehead slowly dried up. Smacking all the flys around him distracted him for a short period of time until the danger of being on an island he'd never been to came into his mind.

The breeze increased and made the groups of trees behind micheal sway along. Suddenly there was a long and loud bang, causing Micheal to jump to his feet and grab his dagger. He pointed it out in front of him and then spoke. "Hello...?" he wisperd underneath his breath, "Is anyone there..?" There was a pause. Silence. All you could here was the wind and Micheal's breath. Then the loud sound rang again this time louder. Micheal looked around the deserted beach. Only seeing swaing trees. Micheal dried his eyes from all the previous moments of tearing up then got to work by making an SOS sign. Writing in the sand was just the first step.

As all book readers know this is how almost every adventure story starts. Someone needing help then finding their way to the finish line then possibly claiming the prize. But this isn't your ordinary adventure story. It ends with one small event. Like Micheal getting caught and having to walk the plank.. As if it was just a pirates dream.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!