End Of My Life

I stood transfixed, staring blankly into the depths of the water. Small shimmering fish swam close to the surface. My family, they're gone.

“Hey!” SMACK! A hand slammed into my face. I stumbled back in shock. My cheek was throbbing with an intense pain I had never felt before. “Get up, don’t ever think you should have been killed instead. Your family risked their lives for you, and you are willing to just throw yours away?”

I turned wanting to know who would slap me, a young boy. Before my eyes stood an annoyed looking teenager, with fiery red hair and tanned skin. I got up and looked at her with disdain.

“What do you want” I managed to whisper. “How do you know that my family was killed?”

The teenager plopped down with a sigh. “I know a great deal of things Taliesin. I was there you know, at the party where everyone was murdered. I am your friend now Tal, we went through the same experiences,” she stood up and pronounced. “We need you Taliesin, I need you. All you need is to remember.”

BAM! My eyes fly open, and I jump out of bed the next morning. “Ugh” I groan as a picture of my parents dead on the floor at the party flash before my eyes. "Why can’t I remember everything from that horrific night?” I wonder. I lurch around the room, tumbling into things until...

“Stop!!!” The bedroom door bursts open, and a young woman appears in the doorframe, shaking her fists and baring her teeth. “What do you think you are doing, breaking things and stumbling about? You should be ashamed of yourself. We give you a nice bed and some clean clothes and this is how you repay us?” she yells.

I stand there boiling with rage and scream “What am I doing here, you ask? Don’t you understand what I have been through? I saw my family killed... murdered, I am sure of it! Do you hear me? ALL MY FAMILY IS DEAD! I wish I had died with them. Who are you and why am I here?” After that sudden outburst. I slumped down in defeat knowing that what the young woman was about to say was probably bad news.

The young woman tensed then answered in a quiet voice “Who am I is not important. The only thing you need to know is not all your family died that night…”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!