Orlando's Day Of Fate

The pity of the other inmates shone as he walked down the prison hallway. He sorrowfully pondered to himself, “how did this happen?” This is the story of how Orlando had been framed of committing an affluent crime.
Orlando’s new house had finished been built. He now just needed to go the bank to make it official. He was going to live a happy life with his family in this home.
When he arrived at the bank, he heard what seemed like gunshots, but thought nothing of it, since there was a rifle range right next to the bank. He was a retired NYPD officer, and from his many years of experience he had learnt that he should always carry a gun to protect himself.
“Hello, this is Bank NY, what can I do for you?” That’s weird, this was not the usual banker who works there, which seemed out of place. But he wanted to shrug it off. The usual banker must’ve been ill. “Hi. I’ve come to sign a paper, because the house we were building is now ready to live in, so now we just have to sign for the loan to start.”
The banker was immediately fumbling and pushing all the items off the shelves. That’s when Orlando saw that there were no contacts on the desks. A completely separate idea came to him: the banker must not be legitimate. To prove this dilemma, when the banker came out of the back, Orlando asked, in a seemingly official voice, “Can I have your contact card?”
Surprising to Orlando, the illegitimate replied, while trembling, “Sorry, we don’t really have those today. Would there be anything… else you would like?” Orlando knew it! He must be a criminal! Orlando then directly pulled out his gun, held out to the criminal's forehead, and yelled, in the police-officer fashion, “PUT YOUR HANDS UP!”
The criminal had now realized his jig was up, so he swiftly took out his gun and started destroying all the displays of cash. This must be a large operation at-hand. Orlando tried to use his many years of cop experience in the NYPD to tackle the criminal, but it was no use. The criminal shot his gun towards Orlando, and the impact sent him back. He was on the ground, bleeding.
The criminal had ran away, with stacks of cash and gems. He had, in his eyes, failed. Now he was stuck here, on the ground. The cops were soon at the bank, and Orlando thought, Well, they’re too late now. But in the cop’s eyes, they were right on time. That’s when Orlando felt the police’s hand on HIM. “HEY! YOU HAVE THE WRONG GUY. POLICE!” But it was no use. That’s when he felt something in his pocket! The most prized gem! The police accused him of stealing a prized procession, and he now was in jail pondering how the jewel got there for the rest of his time.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!