Camping

The orange red flames were reaching high across the camp. Owl and Stone ran out of camp carrying as much supplies as they possibly could.
‘Now what would happen Owl?’ Stone asked, tears falling from her tanned face.
Anger was raging inside Owl's heart but he couldn’t let Stone know.
‘We’ll find a new camp. Exile the person who destroyed the camp.’ Stone let out a sigh.
‘And we repopulate to get our numbers right just like the other camps.’ Owl finished.
Owl looked to his left and saw Stone sitting on a blue rock. He sat down next to her and put his hand on her shoulder.
‘We can do this Stone. All we need is to have faith and a leader. I can’t do this without you.’ Owl pleaded, waiting for the second in command’s answer.
‘What happens if it happens again though Owl. We can’t keep running away from each camp.’ Stone said, her tears started to evaporate into her skin.
‘I know we can do this Stone. Or……… No, it’s a stupid idea.’ Owl stated, looking back at all the people who are waiting for Stone and Owl to agree.
‘Or what? Tell me.’ Stone pleaded, turning her head to look at Owl.
‘I thought we might be able to rebuild the camp. We took enough supplies to rebuild. Only if you’ll agree.’ Owl replied, his owl brown hair was swishing in all the ash and smoke.
Stone stood and nodded to Owl. Stone’s steel blue hair swayed as if she were the leader. Owl stood up and Stone stepped back.
‘I have made a decision with Stone.’ Everyone in the clearing became quiet. ‘We will rebuild the camp here. We have travelled for far too long. We will stay here. Final’ Owl declared, cheers ran through the whole clearing.
Coal had his fist clenched and summoned fire and set the grass on fire. Little Cloud saw this and ran up to Stone. A foot tripped over little Cloud, grabbed her and knocked her out. Stone heard the commotion and looked over where little Cloud once was, now only a crushed purple grass in the shape of little Cloud stayed.
‘Owl, look!’ Stone said, pointing at the crushed grass and the fire.
‘Everyone.’ Owl’s voice boomed. ‘Run west the wind isn’t blowing that way. All wind and air controllers please make sure the fire doesn’t go west.’ Owl’s voice rang, the wind blew east.
Sky ran up right near the fire and made the wind go east. A hand went in her white face, as another one went around her neck……………….

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!