The Lost Sunglasses

The Lost Sunglasses

Chapter One

This is the Riley family. There is a fourteen year old girl named Lulu, she is very smart. There is a ten year old boy named Ron, he is very silly. They have a pet dog named Paws, she is only three months old. Finally, there’s Mum and Dad. Dad works as a builder but Mum is not normal.

Chapter Two

Today the Riley family are at the beach. “Aaah” mum says as she takes a big sniff of the splendid beach air. “What a lovely Summer’s day to be at the beach. I’m just going to take a nap right here.” “Hey kids!” Dad calls out. “I’m gonna get some soft drink, you guys behave while I’m gone.” But, when the parents are away, Ron will play…

Chapter Three

“Ron” moaned Lulu. “You’re gonna get in trouble.” Ron ignored Lulu as he picked up Mums sunglasses and waved them around. “Ron, put Mums sunglasses back right now otherwise we’ll both be grounded for life!” Anyone could totally see that Lulu was getting annoyed at Ron. But once again, Ron ignored Lulu and he started running towards the water. But as he did, the sunglasses left his hand, swung into the air, and landed right into a RIP!

Chapter Four

Suddenly they saw an extremely disappointed man walking right towards them. “Do you two realise what you just got yourself into!” yelled Dad in disappointment. “When Mum wakes up, she’ll be blinded by the sun! So don’t just stand there, help me look for her sunglasses.” The
Riley family looked all over the beach until Ron found something. “Guys, I have an idea. We can use this rusty paddle boat to go into the sea and find Mums sunglasses.” “Great plan” says Dad. “Everybody get in the boat, and I mean Paws as well.” When everyone was in the boat, they were off!

Chapter Five

Once they had been in the boat for a while, they reached a shallow place. They saw something strange on the sea floor. Then suddenly Paws jumped off the boat and splashed into the water! As she came back up for air, she had Mums sunglasses with her! They rushed back to the
beach and were just in time because Mum was slowly waking up. “You will not believe what I dreamt about. I lost my sunglasses in the ocean” she said. “Uh Oh!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!