Pheonix Heartstring

Swish, the clock flew in the sky waiting to be retrieved, I saw a vision, a woman was sinking in the cold, shimmery water, the moon was up and there was a woman saying “WAKE UP EMMA!” What? How did she know my name? AHHH! I woke up from the mysterious dream. The blinds opened up, it was Sunny! Sunny was my best friend, he was at the window waiting for me to get up. I gave him hand signals that I was going to get ready. I got up and wore my extra special clothes, after all it’s Sunny’s birthday. We were going to go swimming but he wanted to go to the forest to have time in nature. I got my backpack ready and got into the car but then Sunny said “Why don’t we walk to the forest instead? The nature is shining bright today.” I couldn’t resist arguing with the birthday boy, so I said “Sure! That will be great!” So I jumped out of the car and started walking with Sunny.
Halfway through my legs started aching really bad but then I realised that we had already arrived. When we arrived the wind was howling, the sky was grey and the trees almost jumped out of their roots. As I observed the area my eyes hooked to two gems on the ground. I picked up the gems in my cold hands, suddenly my hands got warm and even warmer. I found some string in my pockets so I attached the gems into two separate necklaces. Sunny then told me to give him the red gem so I handed the red gem to him, then I realised his hands were extremely cold and frozen. I decided to hide the blue gem from Sunny because I was scared he would get jealous. I decided to call the gems ‘Phoenix Heartstring’. Phoenix Heartstring meant ‘Precious Friendship’ but after he put on the necklace his personality wasn’t the same. He became arrogant and rude and his eyes were turning red. I asked him if he was okay but he simply said “I don’t care about you! GET LOST!” I was shocked, tears dripped from my eyes. I ran away as fast as I could… I ran into the forest, not knowing that I was going to get a miracle.
As I walked through the forest, I ran into three kids. Unusually they were wearing similar gemstones like mine. I asked each of them what their name was, a young girl wearing a dress spoke first, “My name is Phoebe, this is Halo and Holo, they are twins.” Phoebe’s gem had a bright shade of pink with a faint picture of Pegasus. Then I remembered that my gem had a light shade of blue and a phoenix and Sunny’s gem had a bright red shade and a Basilisk. I felt a spirit swarming around me, it felt like Sunny. It was the last time I had felt him. The final.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!