Ben The Pirate

Once there was a pirate, his name was Ben, and he had a pet parrot named Skudle. They roamed the high seas while fighting other pirates.
One day, when they were on a little tropical island, they discovered an old piece of paper sticking out of the sand, Ben picked it up. “It’s a treasure map!” he shouted with glee. He ran back to his ship and set off to find the treasure.
The map led them to a big island which was covered with enormous palm trees and there was a very big “rock”. Ben tripped over and fell on the big “rock”. Suddenly, the “rock” started to move, that’s when Ben found out it wasn’t a rock at all, it was a monster! The monster had a very hard shell, it also had a spiky tail, it began to charge at Ben. He tried his best to escape. While he was running away, he saw some words carved on a tree, ‘To find the treasure, you’ll need to go to Square Island.’ So, he ran back to his ship and kept on sailing.
After two hours of sailing, a dot came into his sight, the dot became bigger and bigger, when they got closer, Ben realised the shape of the island was square. Ben was so excited that he nearly fell off the deck. He jumped off the ship as soon as they arrived.
He followed the map to a very big cave, there was a sign at the entrance, it read ‘You should grab the treasure quickly, or you will die!’ Before he could move a step, he heard a tremendous “Roar~~~~~” A gigantic dinosaur with fierce red eyes and a wide opened jaw with 207 sharp teeth was approaching him. Ben was petrified, he had never seen a monster like this. The monster did incredible destruction and Ben tried to fire the canons at the monster, however, it just did not work. Then, he saw something in the sky, it was his parrot! The parrot sank its claws deeply into the monster’s back and it pecked the monster’s eyes. With the help of his parrot, Ben threw a spear at the monster and they finally defeated the monster! Ben had got the treasure chest and opened it, inside was a crown and a mace, and a tiny note on the side said ‘You’ve found my treasure, so you will become the pirate king.’

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!