Santa's Holiday


Far from here, in the North Pole, Santa was preparing for a holiday in Australia to meet his friends Bluey and Bingo. All his reindeer were still tired from Christmas, so he decided to travel on a plane instead. After saying goodbye to Mrs. Claus and the elves, Santa was off to the airport.

Soon, Santa was in the sky! He had a wonderful time on the plane. He kept on ordering Aussie treats and watched the flight-TV. The kitchen soon ran out of lamingtons and pavlovas. As Santa was enjoying watching Bluey on flight-TV, he noticed that a problem - the flight wasn’t landing despite nearing Brisbane.

He tried to stay calm like the flight attendant instructed but couldn’t help being suspicious. Santa could tell that there was something wrong with the flight attendant and looked at him carefully. His name badge read “Lynn McDonald”.

He rubbed his round tummy and muttered “I am craving a McFlurry from McDonald’s”.
A sleepy voice said softly, “Please don’t put me on the naughty list Santa, but you can’t eat a McFlurry,”.
“Why not?” asked Santa, facing the little girl beside him. “Because everyone who had a McFlurry is sick now,” replied the sleepy little girl, “They are vomiting!”
“Thanks for warning me…, Oh, I didn’t get your name.”
“My name’s Lisa. Um… Santa could you move aside please, I need to use the toilet.” However, she went the opposite way.

Santa turned invisible and followed her. Lisa went to a secret door behind a curtain. She scanned her special card to go inside. Santa became as tiny as tanbark and summoned his magic motorbike to ride underneath the door.
Lisa walked into a room full of well-dressed people, waiting for a show to begin. Lisa went on the stage and began to talk about her family.

“I’ve just migrated from America with my family. There’s my parents Rita and Lynn Sr., Lori, Leni, Luna, Luan, my only brother Lincoln, Lucy, twins Lola and Lana, me, then my sister Lily………”. Santa was bored by Lisa’s long speech and climbed back onto his motorbike, racing towards the front of the plane.

As he neared the cabin, he knew it was time to switch on his BIG-BRAIN powers. He had figured out what had happened! Lisa‘s dad, Lynn Sr., was the flight attendant, and the pilots were robots, worst of all, Santa could have eaten a McFlurry because the people vomiting were just motion sick. Lisa’s family had wanted the McFlurrys to themselves!

Santa began to RAGE. He transformed back to human-size. He smashed the door open, stormed inside the cabin and karate-chopped one robot and karate-kicked another. Seeing that the robots were flying in circles, Santa steered the plane to land in Brisbane Airport.
Santa had a wonderful time at Bluey and Bingo’s house. They went to the beach and had a sleepover with Muffin and Socks. Santa had a great time in Australia, let’s just hope he has a better flight home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!