Sapphire

I wanted her to move on, but I didn't think it would be that fast. I never knew that I would die, of course. I thought ot would take a few years at least. Its only been six months and im watching her on a date. She looks so happy. God I miss her smile, her soft hands. She used avocado lotion everyday. I never really liked the smell, but it was her. it was her smell, and for that its always going to be my favorite. I'm happy she's happy.

They've been on a few dates now. He looks nice, he better treat her right or I'm going to haunt him till his dying days. She deserves the world, I'm just sad that I can't give it to her. It sounds so cruel, now that I think about it. I was happy to see her sad about me being gone. I was sad to see her upset, of course. But when I was alive there was always a sneaking feeling that she didn't love me. Im happy she did. And im happy she gets to love again. I can't help but resent her new man, he did take my place.

they've moved in together now. they have two cats. Muffins and Pie. Muffins was the name of the cat that we said we were gonna get. I must admit, im a little jealous. Their most recent date was at the new mall they built 3 months after I was gone. She pointed out the jeweler, with a giggle. Im scared that the day he gets down on one knee is coming and I have no way to stop it. She goes to the bathroom but he stays in the jeweler. He purchases something. I know she'll love it. Sapphire. Her favorite. I hate to sabotage them but I hope it doesn't work out. Its horrid for me to say, I know. but I hope that ring gets donated. Or goes down the trash chute in rage.

Its happening. He got her attention, they're at a restaurant. He gets up out of his chair, and down on one knee. The whole establishment goes quiet and stares, with a few whispers here and there. He asks her. She says yes with a shriek and jumps into his arms. Everyone in the restaurant claps in celebration. After they finish eating and go home, they announce it on the phone to their family. they're all so happy about it, as if they've forgotten about me. If I had survived another year this would've been us.

She looks so beautiful in her white dress. It's just as I imagined. I gave my life for her. Despite me ending up with nothing, she will still be my everything. The words "I do." came out of her mouth. That's when I knew that it was possible for my heart to stop twice. I've died again. Standing in front of my everything.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!