The Doll Who Sees Everything

The Doll Who Sees Everything

Have you ever felt like you’re being watched? Gabby had 16 dolls who lived in doll houses. She had never felt like she was being watched until she bought her 17th doll. Gabby was at the age of 11 when she bought the last doll she ever got and let me tell you why…
It was rainy. Gabby loved rainy weekends because she could stay inside and play with her dolls.
The rain fell hard and the clouds loomed like smoke over her house. Gabby counted her pocket money finally, enough to buy her 17th doll. She jumped up running down the hallway, almost tripping, because her Mum was on her way to the shops.
“Mummy!” she yelled.
“I have enough money for another doll.”
“But you have many.” Mum argued.
“But I want one for, Simon, so he has a wife.” Gabby explained. She begged, her Mum who gave in. “Ok Gabby, grab your purse.”

“Grab your raincoat and get in the c..“ Before her mum could finish, Gabby ran to the car swiping her raincoat off the hallway hook.
Gabby and her Mum arrived at the doll section. It was no surprise to Gabby’s Mum, Gabby already had all the dolls the store had to offer. Gabby sighed and looked down at the floor.
“Can I help you?” The manager entered from a shadow. She was young and dressed up fancy. “I wanted to buy another doll to add to my collection, but I already have all of these dolls.” Gabby explained.
“Why don’t I see if I have any dolls that are in our storeroom to be unpacked?” suggested the manager. Gabby’s Mum was in a hurry but relented and agreed to follow the manager. The manager led them to a cupboard where there was a single doll. She had cracks and skin was pale. Her eyes were blue, her dress was white with a ribbon on her. Gabby did not have this doll; this was not a doll she recognized from the collection either. Was it rare? “What’s her name?” Gabby asked delighted.
“Whatever you want it to be.” Said the manager.
As soon as Gabby was home, she patched the crack on her head with tape and started to play.
“Simon, will you take Gabby as your, wedded wife? I do.” Gabby impersonated. She thought it would be cool if the doll was named after her.
“And will you Gabby, take Simon as your lovely, wedded husband? I do. You may now kiss the bride.”

Later that evening, Gabby’s mum entered her room kissed her goodnight turning the lights off. Suddenly a creak was heard, Footsteps. Gabby woke, but nothing was to be seen. She lay there blinking, then heard footsteps. She was afraid now holding the blankets over her head.
“Oh Gabby … boo!” The doll pulled the covers over. Gabby screamed. She couldn’t believe her eyes. Her new doll was alive.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!