Rosie

T’was the light of day, the sun was rising. Everything was still. The flicker of light beams tousled across her wavy fluffy fur and danced over her golden red panda face! Her big brown dopey eyes staring into space.

A slight sensation of a breeze pushed through the thick reads of grasses and the twinkle of a head of grass lightly grazes Rosie’s nose and tickles it, in return her nose twitches. She gets up to stretch and yawn. Rosie looks around and sees all the irresistible food. All the greenery is too much for this little grassland critter and chomps down on some soft, fresh, green, thick grass. She gnaws on it with her four pointed, curated teeth and chipmunk like cheeks. Munching noises filled the room's quietness.

A vigorous rustle of the plastic bag let’s Rosie know that more is to come, the room of chomping noises is now transformed into happy weeking noises. as Rosie comes running up to the side of her bedding , it starts to rain glorious, luscious, fruity pellets and straw! Rosie is in absolute heaven. Again she starts chomping away, her great, round belly sticks out! Oh how much more greens could one little Guinea pig consume?

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a white, rounded, fluffy ball threw herself in the air, like popping pop corn in a hot pan, pop, pop, pop, over and over again! Someone is happy this morning! She pauses, and Rosie’s rounded, pink, soft paws with curved nails come up to her golden red panda face to preen and clean her nose and head after eating is complete. Satisfied she plomps herself on her side and stares into space in pure Ecstasy. Ahh all that lush soft greenery!

Exhausted from all that eating and pop-corning, she falls into a deep sleep, she sleeps very soundly these days, as she is getting to be an older lady now, who still at times shows the exuberance of youth! Rosie’s back legs sprawled out from underneath her and to the side, front little paws tucked up and under her.

And then, Rosie is awake! What is next on the agenda for this curious little lady? Rosie slowly makes her way over to the water bottle, and with her soft pink little licking tongue she drinks some much needed fresh water! The tink, tink, tink of the water bottle let’s everyone know she’s made her way there.

And then there was sheer silence, but not before a pair of warm, loving arms reaches down from above and gently picks the little fluffy bundle up, with a red panda face. Rosie is cocooned into warm loving arms and she replies with sweet little Rosie kisses!

Rosie is released and finds herself running around the room like a puppy dog, after her human friend. Oh how we thank Rosie’s mother, Carly, for having the sweetest little girl ever. Thank you Carly you made a one in a million.
Oh how we love you little Rosie!


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!