Dandelions

She stepped into the sunlight. It was a beautiful day. The sky was a gorgeous, piercing blue, and there wasn’t a cloud in sight. The grass was a bright, luscious green, dewdrops glittering on the tips of each blade like sparkling diamonds and the wind was nice and cool, making her feel light and airy, as though she could drift away, become one with the breeze. There were dandelions everywhere, but not like any dandelions she had ever seen. These had bright greeny-yellow stalks, and the pure white seeds flew gracefully around the field, sometimes of their own accord, oblivious to the rules of the wind, not bothering to follow the swirling breeze. The sun was burning in the cloudless sky, sending blazing rays of comfortable warmth on everything its golden beam touched, and the air was beautifully clear. Everything was beautiful. Everything coexisting peacefully. Unaware that they, the gorgeous nature, would be the last thing the strange girl standing within their mists would ever see.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!