The Day I Became A Wizard

Once there was a boy named John that lived in a small village. John’s cottage was located on the edge of a large spooky forest. One day, while John was digging a hole in the ground, he heard a spooky noise which said, “Dig deeper.”
He wasn’t sure he should, but he kept digging and his hole was getting bigger by the second. Suddenly, his spade hit a big red button. John decided to press it. The button had magical powers and once he pressed it John turned into a wizard. He even had a pet phoenix on his shoulder which kept pecking him like a chicken.
Climbing out of the hole, John noticed a windy footpath leading into the spooky forest and a sign that said ‘Wizard World This Way!’ John and his phoenix slowly made their way along the path. They were scared but also very excited. As they came to the entrance to Wizard World, they noticed lots of weird and wonderful pets - centaurs, unicorns, killer rabbits and griffins. John heard rumbling in the bushes behind him. He was about to scream when his friend, Fred jumped out. Fred had a pet werewolf at his side.
Both John and Fred could not wait to explore the village and ran inside. It was hot, so they tried to find something to drink. They turned on a tap, but no water came out. They asked a guy on the street, and he said that an evil dragon had magically taken all the water. John and Fred looked at each other excitedly. “Let’s go hunt the dragon and get the water back,” they said. Using their magical teleportation powers, they tracked down the dragon. Luckily for them he was alone in his throne room.
They did not know how to get rid of the dragon, so John’s phoenix and Fred’s werewolf distracted the dragon while they thought of ideas. Sneaking up to the dragon’s throne they noticed a magical glass that contained all the water from Wizard World. Working together they cast a spell and the water started to grow and grow until it was pouring out of the glass.
The dragon turned around too late. A large tsunami of water was rushing towards him. It knocked the dragon off his feet and washed him away. They had defeated the dragon. The water that was left started to flow back towards Wizard World, so Fred and John followed it. All the wizards were very thankful and celebrated with a big party to thank them for returning the water to the village. It was a very big day.
Yawning, John and Fred followed the winding path back through the spooky forest. They could not wait to go to bed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!