More Than A Crime Scene

“Oh look!” exclaimed Dr Watts, “It’s hatching!” All his employees huddled around the chicken egg with an alligator finding its way out of the chicken eggshell.

Dr Watts started to talk: “These inventions can help repair wounded, broken or damaged body parts to make life happier. I hope that we …” “WEEWOO-WEEWOO-WEEWOO!” At that moment the emergency alarm went off and a fire was set on the shelf. All the biologists fled while they coughed up the smoke. When they returned after the blaze, everything was still there except the shelf. Then they noticed, THE USB WAS MISSING! A robber named Martin stole the USB that contained all the DNA information about how to make an alligator in a chicken egg.

Martin hid and sweated in the toilet cubicle until it was safe to go out, but then the famous Detective Sherlock Holmes turned up. He looked and searched for belongings and what caused the fire, but he didn’t find anything. Then he knocked on one of the occupied cubicles and shouted “GET OUT! OPEN UP!”. “NO!” Martin replied. The police then used a heavy luggage bag to bang open the locked door. Martin was scared and shocked, he felt the pressure. He was no match to the police. He stood frozen in his tracks. After the easy takeout, he was taken to the police for an interview.

At the police’s interview he enunciated “This is evil. If they continue this research, they can make treacherous weapons and humans will go extinct.” The police weren’t persuaded at all. Detective Sherlock yelled “Why did you do that?!” Martin felt glum. Martin didn’t know how to answer this question. Randomly, he replied “Ask my lawyer.” After the interview he was handcuffed and pushed harshly into custody.

In custody, Martin didn’t move, or sleep, or drink. The CCTV looked like it’d been paused. Three days had gone by, but nothing happened. It was so silent you could hear a fly in a sound-proof glass container snoring silently. Detective Sherlock thought that something was not right and showed the CCTV to the robber. Martin just stared blankly and thought what his lawyer would say about this. Even while he was sitting down, he didn’t move! The police noticed something…MARTIN WAS A ROBOT!!! They shot him with an electromagnetic gun and the robot fainted.

The top technology experts hacked into parts of the robot but the core program is protected by a shield, so they heated it up in the microwave and melted the shield out. Now it’s unprotected! They found the person who made the robot. It was Bob who owned Genetic Robotic Factory. He wanted to steal this technology to create the next generation of his robots.

The police were waiting outside the building. On the count of three they all shouted “BOOOOO!” at the same time. Bob was so surprised that he dropped his favourite coffee mug on his pyjamas. His robots couldn’t save him anymore.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!