The Fish Ride

Creak! Creak! Rusty old boat was in the middle of the sea with one soul on it. The one soul was Hudson, fishing in the Pacific and feeling very bored and lonely when finally he felt a tug on his fishing line. He was getting ready to reel it in but something was wrong there was no struggle on the line, he gave a tug, waited a few seconds then WHOOSH, he was pulled into the ocean. Splash! he was pulled along the water at incredible speeds and was trying to let go of the line but he couldn’t he was spinning so fast that he was tangled in the line and he was now descending into the water. Holding his breath and pulled into the water he saw the fish taking him captive. Huge! Bright red with a long spiky tail and fins tipped with black. The fish was heading towards a cave. Panicking Hudson started to struggle, but it was no use, the line was wrapped hard around him and he entered the cave and everything went black. His breath was about to run out and he could not see a thing. He was about to give up on life when he burst through the water surface. He crawled on to what felt like a beach be he was too exhausted to see, ready to pass out, he fell asleep. He woke up and thought he must have died because what he saw was astonishing, he appeared to be in a ginormous cavern with walls and roof made of rock, it had a huge freshwater lake lingered on the west side, it was swarming with fish and marine animals. On the other side was a big forest with a huge amount of birds in its trees and wildlife underneath the trees, the trees also had a vast amount of fruit on them. This is paradise he thought perfect food a fresh lake and friendly wildlife he could live here forever. He decided that he would live there forever. He was having the most amazing time when he thought he should try fishing again he soon found his fishing rod and put some fruit on it and cast it out. He was so happy. Without delay he got a bite, he got ready to reel it in when suddenly he was pulled into the water. He skimmed across the water trying to break free but it was no use he could not believe it, he was getting pulled away AGAIN. He saw to his amazement that is was the same big red fish that dragged him there, now dragging him away. Submerge, dark, and running out of air again. At last relief, he burst through the water. But it wasn’t in paradise anymore, he was hoisted on to his boat. He told everyone about his experience and a searched for year for the cave paradise but he never found it, which was astonishing.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!