The Richest Unicorn Of The Land

The morning breeze goes by as I yawn peacefully and put on my Gucci robe. I strut to my golden teeth and put them in. Hi, my names Zed and you’re probably wondering how can me, a beautiful creature be rich and you’re not, well it wasn’t always like this.

It all started with me being a normal unicorn who lived in a small apartment and was going for a morning stroll on a hot unicorn day. As I was trotting throw the village at my feet, I saw a green, spotty…. frog? The frog confidently said ‘’I am a princess,’’ that’s hard to believe I thought. She continued ‘’If you kiss me, I will turn into that princess but....’’ what I heard was enough, so I quickly grabbed her and kissed her. A purple cloud suddenly surrounded her, and she turned into a beautiful princess with a pink dress, glass earrings and a ruby red crown. I stare at the princess and her face looks disappointed, I say ‘’What’s wrong?’’ she explains ‘’But, you will go broke,’’. ‘’WHAT!’’ I yell, I start panicking and run-in circles.

She claps her hands twice and I appear in my apartment. With a hurry, two goblins with blue suits and hats start taking my furniture. They take my couch table, bed and more. They leave and I sob, until my day can’t get any worse. DING DONG!!! I trudge to the door, the door creeks open and I see a letter with a big red evicted stamp on it. I must admit I’m doomed and kicked out of my apartment. I grabbed my suitcase full of air and I walked out the door with a tear rolling down my cheek.

I found the comfiest place I could to sit. I watched the giants, fairy’s, dragons, and goblins walk by with their nice handbags, perfect hair, and shiny scales. Then I look back at me with ruffled fur and dirty hoofs. I could taste the thick air around me and smell gas from the cars. Hearing important phone calls from the rich people it made me feel a big lump of regret in my stomach. Touching hard cold floor made me forget about the lump of regret a little bit.

Then suddenly pink sparkles appear out of nowhere and flew into my eyes. A fairy God Mother appears. Her wings buzz like a bee and her star wand flashes like the moon on a dark night. She says to me ‘’I have heard your cry poor gullible unicorn, and I am here to help''. ''I’ll snap my fingers and you will be the richest unicorn of the land,’’.

The buzzing God Mother snaps her fingers and I appear in a skyscraper high in the sky with golden items and money, lots of it. That’s how it all happened kids and the moral of the story is don’t kiss a frog that can talk on a path.

The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!