The Mystical Adventure

The Mystical Adventure

It was a vivid and rainless morning in the enchanted woods. There stood an elevated cottage. The cottage belonged to a young girl. Her name was Ava. She loved cloudless days. She also had thousands of kind animal friends like Bob the lizard, Ginger the cat and Sunny the Bunny Rabbit. Her favourite one was Zoe the rainbow lorikeet. Sure, she couldn’t understand them but that was the fun.


One morning, it wasn’t radiant and summery, it was bitter, nippy, and damp instead. Lighting strikes cascaded down leafy trees like chunky boulders falling from the sky. Millions of raindrops demolished per milli-second. Small water droplets started clogging around the cottage. Suddenly, water swiftly started to puncture a hole into the cottage. Not again! She mumbled. This happened last Friday! Ava sprinted upstairs, trying to escape from the deep water. All her animal friends appeared outside the brown wooden door. She heard them knocking, TAP TAP TAP! Now Ava had a choice to make, run for her life or save her animal friends FIRST and then run for her life. She chose saving first. Ava ran back down the stairs. But when her white sneakers touched the water, it was too cold! She didn’t want to get in. But then she remembered that if she wouldn’t save her animal fans they would drown! So she jumped in. She ran up to the brown wooden door and opened it. Water came rushing inside. All her animal friends leapt up on to her pale arms, so she could rush up the steep stairs. At the top floor, she gently lowered her arms so her friends could hop down. “Come on” she enthusiastically screamed. “Let’s go to my room.” In her room she luckily had some food in case of an emergency.

?Two days later the flood had cleared up so she it was safe to go outside. Her friends found a new place to live and her house was clean. “What an adventure”, she gratefully said.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!