The Castle Of Mystery

As I was walking around my neighbourhood, I suddenly saw a castle appear out of nowhere.
Being the curious girl I was, I went over to investigate, it looked so majestic and scary. I decided to check it out.

As I stood in front of the big gates of the castle, the gates opened with a big creaking noise. I got so scared but being me, I had to go in. As soon as I entered the castle, I started to hear strange sounds…. scary sounds. I wasn’t sure where those sounds were coming from, but what I did know was that I was terrified. Suddenly the sounds stopped, and I felt as if someone was following me then I saw a glimpse of a shadow. I decided to ignore it and kept on exploring the castle. The shadow appeared again, and this time I followed it.

As terrified as I was, I decided to be brave and follow the shadow. As I was following the shadow it went away, then a glass vase across the hall suddenly broke. I felt goosebumps then I heard a voice that sounded like my childhood best friend Ace Adler, but I thought it couldn’t be as he had moved away to another country 10 years ago.

The shadow appeared again, and it led me to an old dusty room where I heard the door opening. Who else was here? I said to myself. I was so scared that I jumped into a closet in the room. To my surprise it was an empty closet at least it was until I discovered a note that said “I’m Ace Adler and I’ve been put under a curse which is that I will remain trapped in this castle till the end of my life. I have trapped you here today hopping that you can break my curse”, but before I could finish reading the note, the closet opened itself.

I started running, but then something pulled me back and when I looked back it was Ace, my childhood friend. Before I could say anything, he said, “Hi Amber, it's been a long time, but I can’t talk much. All I can tell you is that you must find the sacred stone and sing the song that we used to sing when we were young or else, we’ll be stuck here forever”. And then (poof) he was gone. I went to the entrance of the castle because I remembered I had seen a stone there but when I went there, I couldn’t find it. Suddenly a stone fell from above and hit my head then I looked at were the rock landed there was a stone not just any stone the sacred stone, so I did exactly what Ace had told me to do and then the ground started to shake, and before I could understand what was going on I was in my house next to Ace.
THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!