Neil the champ

“Come on you Dees”.
My mates and I are at the WACA watching the Demons clash with the Eagles.
The Dees are down by five points. Its so exciting, my mates and I are ecstatic!.
“c’mon!”

Yze has just scored a goal. There’s not much time left. We are going to win.
My mates are going off their heads!!.
It looks like the Eagles fans are leaving.
Now all I can hear is the sound of the Melbourne club song booming in my ears like there’s no tomorrow.
Me and my mates finish off our drinks and catch a cab back to the hotel.
I feel like I have never felt before. We arrive at the hotel and celebrate in the pub until four o’clock.
Its nine o’clock Sunday morning. I am so tired that I forget we have an 11 o’clock flight back to Tassie . I try to wake the others. They are sleeping like logs. I finally wake them up and tell them the situation. It is now nine thirty so we hurriedly pack our bags. The airport is one and a half hours away. We have no time to have breakfast.
We go outside and call a taxi. It comes soon after that, and we arrive at the airport at ten past eleven. We have just missed our flight.
“ Far out,” I say feeling like going and smashing the next thing I see.
The next thing we know the Melbourne footie club is getting a flight back to Melbourne. They see us getting very aggravated. Neale Daniher comes over and sees our Melbourne gear and says, “what’s wrong fellas?”
“We missed our flight,” we all say at the same time.
Neale says “I think I could look after that” and pulls out a cheque then says “how much do you need?”
We start adding up
“Probably about five hundred,” I say slowly, not thinking he would want to pay that much. And sure enough, he writes five hundred and signs the cheque with no hesitation.
“I can’t thank you enough” I say happily.
He says “My pleasure guys. “I’d do anything to help a bunch of Melbourne supporters,” then he walks away like nothings happened.
We buy new tickets and get back home a little bit late. But fine otherwise.
With an awesome story to tell.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!