I can't believe it happend to me!

Here I am sitting in my bedroom and the phone rings, mum called out “Stephanie the phone’s for you, and it’s someone special apparently”. I picked up the phone and answered while I was doing that I was thinking who could it be? The unfamiliar voice on the other end said “hi you’ve just won a contest”
“What contest?” I asked.
“To see Ian Thorpe.”
“Oh my goodness”! Are you serious! I, Stephanie Mitchell am a huge fan of Ian Thorpe! “Hang on how did I win, I mean I didn’t even enter any contest?”
“Well, said the lady on the other end we collected all these names and details and picked one out of the barrel”
“But I didn’t give you my details!?”
”Well you must of given it to us” said the lady “We can’t get your details other wise”. Then she gave me all the details, when I was to see him and where I was to meet Ian Thorpe. I was to see him in three weeks at Sydney Harbour! And then go to his house and even better I could bring someone with me!

Later after dinner I called a friend of mine.
“Hello” said the other voice.
“Hi, is Amanda there?”
“Yes I’ll just get her, hang on”
“Hello” said Amanda
[I didn’t even bother to say hi back]
“Guess what” I squealed with delight your never going guess
“I’ve won a contest to see Ian Thorpe!”
“No way, are you serious”
“No I’m joking, of course I’m serious”
“And guess what I’m to see him in three weeks, with a friend!
“Ahhhh” Amanda screamed who are you taking?
“Why do you think I’m calling?”
“You’re inviting me?”
“Of course”
“We’ll have to go shopping for clothing and accessories” I said
“Look” said Amanda I’ll meet you at the shops on Saturday ok?
“Cool” I said
“Stephanie I’ve got to go and have dinner”
“Bye” we both said.

“Oh my goodness there he is!” I squealed
We both ran up to him
“Hi are you Stephanie and Amanda?”
“Yes” we both said starring at him. He had a big wide smile with beautiful white teeth, gorgeous hair, great eyes and he had big feet!
“Cool lets go and sit down and talk” said Ian
“We got autographs, and we were talking and laughing for three hours! It was the best day I ever had!
When Amanda and I got home we both stuck up his autograph and pictures of him all over the walls! We will never forget that day! Never.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!