Fallen rose

The empty night echoed. I sit and gaze at the bodys of the people i loved, there eyes were still, but shining, there faces were pail and rough. Some say you hear laughter before death, but at a moment like this i would do anything for laghter, anything. my eyes are losing focus, i can fell all the life inside of me slowly fadng away. There was a loud gust of wind, that sounded like whistling sea birds, a rose petal fell from the sky, do not ask me where it came from because i could not tell you. As it fell peacefully, it reminded me of what my pa used to always say, it was like, for me, a door closed and a window opened. Although pa has past, never to be seen again, i will always remember his words "the rose doesnt fall until you pick it."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!