Name?

A stranger at first, it bites. My name is a thorn, defying all who come close,
A black cloud of swirling mist,
Dark, strange and wrong, my name stumbles awkwardly…and falls.
It is the tiresome call of duty, icy wind slapping pale cheeks,
My name is the puzzled looks of those who fail to know Maroshini.
Yet my name softens, bathing in the dark tunnels of voice, laughing the tinkling laughter of silver anklets clicking against bare heels.
Maroshini. Indian spice, scented with the Far East.
Maroshini. A blossoming rose, deep red smiling at the dusty green of its bush.
Maroshini. The waterfalls of Lambir - you either heard the panic of the cascading water, or you saw the calm of the lake below.
Maroshini…
My name is a customized bracelet, all my own,
My inner light, ever shining
It sets me apart from the rest of the world,
Maroshini is my name and it simply means me.













FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!